I’m in my 20’s WHY do I need Life Insurance?

Posted January 23, 2010 by qualheiminsurance
Categories: Uncategorized


How much Comprehensive and Collision should I have?? (Part 4)

Posted January 23, 2010 by qualheiminsurance
Categories: Uncategorized

Tags: , , , ,

Comprehensive and Collison

Comprehensive and Collision: Collision coverage pays for damage to your vehicle, after the deductible that you choose, when the accident is your fault or the other driver is uninsured.

Comprehensive protects your vehicle in situations like broken windshields, fire, theft of the vehicle, falling objects, riots, storms, collision with a bird or animal, earthquake or floods.

Again, this payment is after the deductible that you choose. In most cases the deductible is $500, $750, or $1,000 but there are other deductibles available.

The higher the deductible you choose, the lower your premium. You should choose a deductible that you would be able to pay if an accident or comprehensive claim happens.

Collision Plus/Loss of Use: This coverage helps you with expenses you incurred after an accident due to a collision or comprehensive loss.

It is usually expressed as $30 or $50 per day and is paid for the number of days your vehicle is in the shop.

It can be used to rent a car or to offset your deductible.


Don’t forget!

If you live in Clark County, NV or vicinity, why not start 2010 off right by checking your numbers. Are you paying too much?  Mike finds that most of the numbers he checks for people are too high!

It’s never too late or too early to switch and you don’t have to drive to Overton, Mike makes ‘house calls’.  Individuals, businesses, all are welcome!
Call Mike today: 397-6622 OR 497-2350

Or Email him here:    mqualheim@farmersagent.com

MEDICAL!!! Part 3

Posted January 23, 2010 by qualheiminsurance
Categories: Uncategorized

Tags: , ,

Medical: This coverage pays for medical and funeral expenses, up to the limit you select, for you or a passenger while riding in your vehicle.

It also covers you or a family member when you are riding in someone else’s vehicle or on foot and struck by a vehicle.

Normal levels of coverage for this option are usually $1,000, $2,000 or $5,000. Other levels are available. If you are driving the vehicle and you have an accident that is your fault this is the only coverage in your policy for your individual medical expenses.

It would not be covered under liability as you cannot be liable to yourself.

Part 4 tomorrow… Learn about “Comprehensive and Collision”medical

What if the motorist is uninsured?! (part 2)

Posted January 21, 2010 by qualheiminsurance
Categories: Uncategorized

Tags: , ,

UI/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist): This takes care of you, members of your household, and passengers in your vehicle for bodily injury/medical bills in case of an accident with a driver who has no insurance or who is underinsured, or a hit and run.

You select limits on this just like your bodily injury liability coverage.

Again, due to medical costs I recommend at least 100/300 on this coverage. ($100,000/$300,000) This coverage is not required in Nevada but is considered important enough that you need to sign off if you don’t want it.

Believe it or not, there are MANY uninsured and even more underinsured motorists on our roads in Clark County. For your own protection be sure to talk to Mike about getting adequate coverage.

Call today! Mike: 702-397-6622

Those Insurance NUMBERS!! What do they mean??? (Part 1)

Posted January 20, 2010 by qualheiminsurance
Categories: Uncategorized

Tags: , ,

BIPD (Liability): This is what protects you, your family and your assets if you injure someone or damage their property with your vehicle.

It is what you are legally liable for. Usually it is expressed as three numbers such as 15/30/10 or 100/300/100.

The first two numbers are the amount in thousands that the insurance company will pay for bodily injury caused by you to someone else. The last number is the maximum they will pay for property that you damage such as another car or a light pole.

In the first example, 15/30/10, the most the insurance company will pay for one person injured in an accident is $15,000.

For more than one person’s injuries they would pay up to a maximum of $30,000, no matter how many people were hurt.

The third number, 10 in this example is up to $10,000 they would pay for property you damaged or the other persons vehicle if the accident was your fault.

States usually have minimum numbers, 15/30/10 in the case of Nevada. I would recommend that you look at higher limits than this.

I was badly hurt in a Moped accident just over a year ago. I was air flighted to a trauma center, spent two days in intensive care, and two days on the hospital trauma floor.

I broke two bones in my neck. There were luckily no surgeries needed.

The bill for my hospitalization came to over $100,000. If you had been driving, turned in front of me and caused that accident, that $100,000 would be your bill.

The third number, property damage is for damage you do to other people’s things. If you just have a fender bender you may be all right with $10,000 in coverage. But what if you total a Porsche, BMW, or Mercedes? I recommend no less than 100/300/100 for coverages.

Contact Mike today!

  • Phone:
  • Fax:

Tomorrow we will discuss your UI/UIM Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist…

House calls

Posted January 18, 2010 by qualheiminsurance
Categories: Uncategorized

Tags: ,

Mike cares about his customers, always. He finds them the best prices for the insurance they need; and he takes the time to make house-calls for those who can’t come to his office.

If you live in Vegas, Henderson, or Mesquite, no problem, call today to make an appointment and Mike is happy to drive to your location to talk to you about your insurance needs.

Call 702-397-6622

Or if you are in Moapa Valley come and talk to Mike today!

Please stop in to our Overton Office
289 S. Moapa Valley Blvd,
Suite 2
Overton NV 89040

(across the street from Sally’s Bookstore.)

What if this happened to you?

Posted January 12, 2010 by qualheiminsurance
Categories: Uncategorized

Tags: , ,

Would you be covered?

Contact Mike today!

  • Phone:
  • Fax: